Monday, January 11, 2010
I was asked about the pattern for the burp cloths. I can't find the email address for Eileen so I am answering you in a post. The pattern I use is a free pattern from New Conceptions Sewing Patterns. The pattern is a Baby Burping Cloth. I have used this many times and they have always been well received. You will really like it. Good luck!
Sunday, January 10, 2010
I have completed 3 burp cloths this week. I love how they turn out. What I hate is dragging out the embrodiery machine. However, once it's out and chugging along, I love the finished project. These are being mailed to my sister for a new baby at their church.This is my newly started project this week. It is the beginnings of a rag quilt. I have all of the blocks cut and sewn. I am ready to start them into rows. I had to buy more fabric to make the pillowcase and to add a few squares. I didn't know how much I needed so I bought the rest of the fabric. I am not the only one buying that fabric this week and I was afraid that they would be out of it before I determined what I needed. Fortunately, I still had a coupon. I will start putting the rows together as soon as I get the borders on the Take 5 quilt (2 of them) that I promised a friend that I would finish by next weekend.
This week I have used 2 1/2 yds. I am not counting the fabric for the rag quilt until it is completely sewed. So YTD I have used 5.75 yards. I have purchased 6.125 yds for a net loss of .375 yards. I am going backwards toward using 100 yards of fabric this year. Good thing that it's still early!!!!
Sunday, January 3, 2010
I have my first finish for a 2010 Christmas gift done!!!!! Most importantly I have used 3 yards of fabric from my stash! Actually, I bought this fabric on sale (cheap) several weeks ago and it was easier to make the pillowcases as opposed to find a place to put it in my sewing room where I could find it before next Christmas.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
I have decided to participate in the Stashbusters 100 yard dash. This is where you use 100 yards of fabric (what did you think that I was going to be running???!!). This is my first finish for 2010. It is 2 sets of snap bags along with 7 tissue covers. So far this year, I have used...hold on I have to get the calculator.....I love these fractions.... I have used 1.675 yards so far. Only 98.375 yards to go. I did buy 3.22 yards of fabric today so if I was netting out then I would be in a negative number but this if for my next rag quilt project that will be started later in the week. Look for lots of finished projects in 2010!!!!!
Sunday, July 26, 2009
I have finally finished the fleece cat. I had some issues with skipped stitches. Fortunately I got some good advice from a quilting board - Backporch Friends and it worked. I also changed from the walking foot back to a regular foot and viola a finished quilt. I still have to cut the edges but I will get that done while watching tv. I have a new computer and am trying to learn to post pics so here it goes......
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
I like to make tissue covers and there is a wedding that is coming that needs them for the bridesmaids luncheon. Green gingham check matches the men's ties. However, the fabric is flimsy and I am not able to do any special stitching on it. I would like to incorporate some eggplant on it but I tried stitching some purple hearts but the fabric pulled...what a mess!!!! I think that means that monogramming the back is out also. Sister, what do you think? Should I look for some different fabric and forget the gingham check. I want these to be sweet so I need some help.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
The top is finished for the prayer quilt and will be at the LA'er by tomorrow. I am going to have it stitched in the ditch around the big blocks just for stability. Am requesting for her to write the words to Jesus Loves Me in the border. Then it will be ready for tying. The yellow thread on the blue strips really makes it pop. It is not perfect but perfect for Robin.
I am thrilled that I am learning to use the embroidery machine. I have had this Bernina Deco for over 4 years and this was the first time that I actually changed the bobbin. Maybe this machine will be more functional than I thought.
I have decided to make a pillowcase to go with this. This line of fabric is old but I knew that the LQS still had some. When I went to get it yesterday it was no longer there. How exciting it was to find it on the 50% off rack. Fortunately they had 1 yard left of the border fabric - just enough for the pillowcase. Just another blessing.....
Working on getting the back together before church this morning.
Happy Mother's Day to you all!!!!!