Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas trip

Well I am enjoying my only vacation for this year. I am visiting my sister and her family in Lexington, Ky. It's FREEZING up here!!! It was 26 degrees this morning. I have already forgotten what the weather was like last week in Florida when it was in the 80's. But we are having a great time! I am trying to get my Christmas shopping done. However, since I have only been in the quilt store and at Hancock's this week it is difficult to be buying for other people. I hit a great sale at Hancock's today. Sure wish we had one!!! They were having a grand opening sale and when we walked in the store, they handed us a $10 gift card. Everything I bought was on sale 50% off and then we got an extra 10% off. I managed to buy 12.375 yards of fleece and fabric for $51.05. Isn't that great? I am so glad to find this now as I am going on an unofficial no-buy for 2008. I am too chicken to join but I am going to have to try. I have more fabric than I can hold in my small sewing room. In 2008 my goal is to sew more than I buy. This may be more difficult than the usual lose weight resolution! We will see how it goes....Hope that you are enjoying the holiday season!

1 comment:

Juryizstillout said...

Hi, Deb!

I left this here because I read about Lexington, and that's where I am! And it was cold last Christmas. What part of town does your sister live? I live on the southside.

Thanks for the nice comment on the Scout quilt! BTW...I'm a fellow Floridian. From Jacksonville originally. Thanks for stopping by!