Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fabric Baskets


Someone mentioned on one of the Yahoo groups that I am (I believe it was Stashbusters) about a tutorial by the Pink Penguin http://ayumills.blogspot.com/2008/05/tutorial-fabric-basket.html. It was great! The top one was the first one. I am not a real sewer but I really learned some things from this that I can use. The 2nd one went much faster (about 5 hours for the 1st one and 3 hours for the 2nd) The fleece batting is much stiffer on the 2nd one. It was a learning experience. I have decided that the next one will not have as many different fabrics. I used 4 (the tutorial suggested 3) but I think that I will use 2. They are small squares so you don't see much contrast. These are cute little things to put Halloween candy in. It was great fun. Check out the tutorial and see what you think!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another really cute project! You are really getting a lot projects done now that you are out of school.