I have completed 3 burp cloths this week. I love how they turn out. What I hate is dragging out the embrodiery machine. However, once it's out and chugging along, I love the finished project. These are being mailed to my sister for a new baby at their church.This is my newly started project this week. It is the beginnings of a rag quilt. I have all of the blocks cut and sewn. I am ready to start them into rows. I had to buy more fabric to make the pillowcase and to add a few squares. I didn't know how much I needed so I bought the rest of the fabric. I am not the only one buying that fabric this week and I was afraid that they would be out of it before I determined what I needed. Fortunately, I still had a coupon. I will start putting the rows together as soon as I get the borders on the Take 5 quilt (2 of them) that I promised a friend that I would finish by next weekend.
This week I have used 2 1/2 yds. I am not counting the fabric for the rag quilt until it is completely sewed. So YTD I have used 5.75 yards. I have purchased 6.125 yds for a net loss of .375 yards. I am going backwards toward using 100 yards of fabric this year. Good thing that it's still early!!!!