Saturday, February 3, 2007

Storms - New Projects


Prayers and blessings go out to all of the people that were effected by the tornadoes that hit Florida on Thursday night. I live about 20 miles from one of the areas that was hit. We received about 6 inches of rain and feel pretty waterlogged which is nothing compared to families who have lost loved ones and their homes.


Went to a LQS with a friend today. Glad that I am not on the no-buy program. She had most of these homespuns picked out for a rag quilt before I even got there! (have I been megged?) I love the make rag quilts and snuggle up under them. There were a great deal at $4.80 per yd. I also found minkee on sale for $8.00 per yd so I picked up some leopard skin for a backing for a jungle kit that I have not even started. But at half-price, I could not pass it up!
I have 34 blocks of my string quilt done. But I am getting bored. I want to put that down and start on something else. This is how I have so many UFO's and no so many finished projects. We'll see what happens. I have 2 tests again at school this week so I should not be sewing much and will be studying lots!!!

No comments: